Silver has been an integral tool of human society for centuries. Through its antimicrobial properties, silver makes our daily lives cleaner and safer. Some notable examples include:
- The ancient Persians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians would use silver vessels in order to keep their drinking water clean. (Source)
- Hippocrates, known as the father of modern medicine, used colloidal silver to treat wounds and heal ulcers. (Source)
- NASA uses silver ions in their water purification systems. (Source)
- Silver has even been found effective in keeping milk from spoiling. (Source)
Here at SILVERARMOR®, we’ve taken this history and made a quantum leap forward with SILVERCLEAN® technology.
Using American ingenuity, we have crafted a revolutionary way to guarantee the constant elimination of odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew in your paint.
This technology will last for the life of the paint- It won’t wash out, won’t wear off, it’s lifetime protection you can count on.
Our exclusive silver additive is registered with the EPA. (EPA registration no. 83587-3)
- April 2008 study in Applied and Environmental Microbiology suggesting that silver ions may cause S. aureus and E. coli bacteria to die. (https://aem.asm.org/content/aem/74/7/2171.full.pdf)
- February 2012 study in the Journal of Applied Microbiology discussing the bactericidal potential of silver nanoparticles against the multiple drug resistant bacteria. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/j.1365-2672.2012.05253.x)
- December 2000 study in the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research suggesting the antibacterial mechanism of silver through inhibiting DNA replication of bacterial cells. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11033548)